Sunday, January 20, 2008

Heading East


Left this week for my third trip to China, and I'm finally making progress on my goal to try and document some of the stuff I see. This time around I had the distinct pleasure of a flight to Beijing that was only about 1/3 full...the 12 hours in the air still stinks, but not having my elbows stuck to my ribs in economy steerage made me feel like royalty.
The skies over the Kamchatka peninsula were clear, and I tried to snap a few pictures out the window of the plane...they turned out ok, but don't really do it justice. The sun is so low and its so barren, it really has the appearance of a black and white photo. I especially like the frozen rivers winding through the valleys. The area is so vast, it makes you wonder if any human has ever set foot in some of these places

No comments: